jueves, agosto 11, 2011

AM: Short Time, Large Impact

Written by Megan Hettwer

To be honest, I didn't quite know what to expect when I first arrived in Playa Potrero. Its safe to say that my decision to come to Costa Rica to volunteer with Abriendo Mentes (AM) was an impulsive one - and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.


For volunteers looking for an organization that will fully integrate them into the community they are serving, look no further than AM. Meradith and Drew truly give their volunteers the opportunity to take on a variety of tasks within this rapidly growing organization. From teaching English classes, to organizing field trips, writing blog posts, and even overall organizational management, volunteers are encouraged to participate in any component of the organization that interests them. If all of that isn't enough to keep busy, Potrero is simply a wonderful little place to pass away the days- a town where everyone will come to know your name and you'll come to love everyone there.


All I knew was that I wanted to have an impact, even for a short period of time, in the community I was working in. Thanks to Meradith, Drew, and the entire AM team, I was able to do just that!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

A non-profit organization enhancing education and empowering communities in rural Costa Rica.

Events Calendar