sábado, agosto 13, 2011

Abriendo Mentes: Helping children succeed

Written by Melissa Howard

I am an ESL Resource teacher in the states and came to Potrero to volunteer with Abriendo Mentes to learn more about teaching English as a second language. Because of Abriendo Mentes, my teaching has changed for the better. I was blown away by the students’ abilities with AM! Students came on their own everyday to learn English with AM. The staff, interns and volunteers have such a passion for teaching these children giving them so much energy and strength to learn each and every day. Although my time with Abriendo Mentes was only a few short weeks, I plan to continue to help raise money and volunteer next year with this wonderful program. I believe in this program and that it will continue to strive and teach the children of Potrero the language and skills they need to succeed in their lives.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

A non-profit organization enhancing education and empowering communities in rural Costa Rica.

Events Calendar