viernes, julio 29, 2011

My experience at Abriendo Mentes

Written by Sheila O'Brien

My experience at Abriendo Mentes was nothing short from amazing. The level of energy that the staff,interns, and volunteers exuberate is inspiring and it definitely motivated myself to come back and volunteer next year. The program opens your eyes to the real issues of Potrero, a community where education is not the priority but where family values and hard work governs the town. Abriendo Mentes is making an exceptional effort at trying to help the town's lack of educational systems, especially when it comes to teaching the English language. Although my time volunteering was only a few weeks, I was able to notice significant differences in the childrens' performance. Not only are the children sweet and adorable but they are smart and show great potential for higher education. I would definitely recommend spending some time at Abriendo Mentes to anyone I meet because it truly was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

A non-profit organization enhancing education and empowering communities in rural Costa Rica.

Events Calendar